Friday, September 17, 2010

The Lonely Hearts Club by Elizabeth Eulberg

Title: The Lonely Hearts Club

Author: Elizabeth Eulberg
Other Books in this series: N/A
Series Name: N/A
Aquired From: Public Library 
Summary: After being betrayed by a boy she loved, Penny Lane Bloom has sworn off boys. She makes a pact to spend the rest of her highschool years concentrating on spending time with her friends and not with boys. Thus is the birth of the Lonely Hearts Club. Or 'The Beatles Club' as her dad fondly calls it (even though Penny keeps reminding him that it is in fact, not a Beatles Club.) As more and more girls start to realize that Penny is right, the bigger the Lonely Hearts club becomes. The bigger it grows, the angrier the faculty and 'little boys' of the school become. What happens when the leader of the club becomes interested in a boy?
Review: I have a confession to make. I got this book because Stephenie Meyer liked it. *bows head shamefully* I know, I know, I am a failure. But she has REALLY good taste in books, if that's a consolation at all. Anyway. I liked this book. I liked it alot. It was very unique and funny. The plot seems old, girl doesn't believe in love, but falls in love anyway blah blah blah. But Elizabeth Eulberg does it in a way that is so different. I know, I know. How can such a cliche plot be different! I can't really explain it. It just is. Maybe it's the heroine. Penny is such a cool chick. She wants to believe in love. Plus she likes the Beatles. But that's just a bonus.
Cover Rating: 5/5
Comments on the Cover: AH-FREAKING-MAZING! Does it look familiar? Yes. It's a remake of the Abbey Road Album Cover. With Girls. LOVE.
Character Comments: Funny, well written. Relatable, likable, etc.
Favorite Character: Diane
Character Rating: 5/5

Plot line rating: 4/5
Likeliness to reread it? 4/5
Overall rating: 4.5/5
Books like this that I have reviewed: N/A

No comments:

Post a Comment