Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The Agency: A Spy in the House by YS Lee

Title: A Spy in the House 
Author: YS Lee
Other Books in this series: The Body at the Tower
Series Name: The Agency
Summary: Mary Quinn is saved from the gallows by a mysterious woman. She is taken to a school for girls and turned into a young lady. A few years after being there, she is asked to join an elite society, The Agency. The Agency is full of spies. Mary agrees and moves into the house of a rich merchant who the Agency suspects is smuggling. Along the way, she meets the handsome and intriguing James Easton, whose brother, George, is trying to woo the rich merchant's daughter, Angelica. 
Review: I got this book from the library because it was new. And when the library has new books, I kinda migrate towards them with my tongue out saying, "oooh. shiny..." I actually had no idea what this book was about until I brought it home. But it was really fun! It kind of reminded me of Nancy Drew for older teens. Mary is such an awesome heroine.
Cover Rating: 3/5
Comments on the Cover: It's pretty and mysterious. I like it.
Character Comments: The characters were really great. I don't think there was a character I didn't like. Unless you count the ones you obviously weren't supposed to like. But they don't really count.
Favorite Character: JAMES <3. And Mary. Mary is the epitome of girl power. But James... sigh. In case you don't know, I have this... thing for fictional characters. Ron Weasley, Edward Cullen, Mr. Darcy, Heathcliff, and now James.
Character Rating: 4/5
Plot line rating: 4/5
Likeliness to reread it? 3/5
Overall rating: 3.5/5
Books like this that I have reviewed: N/A

No comments:

Post a Comment