Friday, January 28, 2011

Second Helpings by Megan McCafferty

Title: Second Helpings

Author: Megan McCafferty
Series? The Jessica Darling series
Aquired From: A Friend
Summary: Jessica Darling is back in this second installment of her journals. The book begins while Jessica is at a Summer Camp in New York City called "SPECIAL". She then begins her senior year at highschool. Where Marcus Flutie is still there being, well, Marcus Flutie. And Marcus isn't the only annoying thing happening right now. Jessica's older sister, Bethany, is pregnant. And her mom, once again, is up to her eyeballs, this time preparing for the arrival of her grandchild. In other words, Jessica's life is one big ball of chaos.
Cover Rating: 3/5
Comments on the Cover: I'm not a fan. It seems more of an advertisement against depression or an eating disorder.
Character Comments: The characters are just too funny. Jessica's so cynical it's amusing. And Marcus, please don't get me started on Marcus. Meh, I'll start anyway. I LOVE THE MAN. And Len Levy. Ungh. I love nerdy guys <33
Favorite Character: Marus, Jessica, Bridget and Len
Character Rating: 5/5
Plot line rating: 5/5
Plot Line Comments: It was good. It had a twist. Not that I can tell you. Because you're all going to read it. Right? RIGHT?!
Likeliness to reread it? 3/5
Overall rating: 4/5
Books like this that I have reviewed: Sloppy Firsts

2 comments:

  1. Your link to the previous book links back to the cover image for this one... I assume from the title that's the first book in this series?

    ReplyDelete