Monday, January 24, 2011

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald

Title: The Great Gatsby

Author: F. Scott Fitzgerald
Series? No
Aquired From: My English teacher who assigned it.
Summary: Gatsby and Daisy used to be in love. But, Gatsby was 'too poor' for Daisy's likings. She married Tom, who is now cheating on her, and had a daughter. Gatsby's back with a fortune and of course the rumors are flying. The fact that Daisy is now married with a daughter don't seem to sway Gatsby and he i convinced that he and Daisy will get their happily ever after. Of course, nothing's ever as easy as it seems.
Cover Rating: 5/5
Comments on the Cover: At first glance, it's confusing. Big eye in the sky? Crying? Random lips and no nose? But of course, since I had to read this for English, my teacher decided it would be SUPER fun to do a cover analysis! YAY! So, now the eyes and all the colors make sense and are really cool. But, of course, since I'm annoying and cryptic, I'm not going to tell you what any of it means. =P
Character Comments: Okay. Characters. Hated them. That's it.
Favorite Character: No... I legit hated them all.
Character Rating: 1/5
Plot line rating: 2/5
Plot Line Comments: It was... strange.
Likeliness to reread it? 2/5
Overall rating: 2/5
Books like this that I have reviewed: N/A

1 comment:

  1. You know what is funny, I know I read this one in highschool but I could not tell you for the life of me what it was about. I don't think I got this one even back then. This one and Catcher in the Rye. And I keep thinking, now that I am older I should give these books another shot. And then I'm like...NAH!

    ReplyDelete