Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Best I've read of 2010 Post 1

Beastly by Alex Flinn

Why I loved it? I'd been meaning to read Beastly for a while. I'm a big fan of fairy tales retold or modernized fairytales, so reading Beastly wasn't a choice as much as it was a, well, need. I had high expectations for it, but I was very happily surprised when I read it. I must admit, the first I had heard of it was the movie, starring Vanessa Ann Hudgens (I later found out that Neil Patrick Harris was in it too, which excited me.), who, well, I'm not a big fan of. I mean, she's a cliche Disney star. Whoopie. But... all images of Vanessa Hudgens fled from my mind as I got to know her character, Lindy. I couldn't, and still can't see, Vanessa Anne Hudgens as Lindy. Maybe that's because I kinda, uh, always see myself as the heroine in books.

In other words, I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment