Wednesday, July 11, 2012

And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie

Title: And then there were None
Author: Agatha Christie
Series? none
Aquired From: Own
Summary:  First, there were ten - a curious assortment of strangers summoned as weekend guests to a private island off the coast of Devon. Their host, an eccentric millionaire unknown to all of them, is nowhere to be found. All that the guests have in common is a wicked past they're unwilling to reveal - and a secret that will seal their fate. For each has been marked for murder. One by one they fall prey. Before the weekend is out, there will be none. And only the dead are above suspicion 
Cover Rating: Since there are so many versions of the cover, I will not be commenting or rating it.
Comments on the Cover: N/A
Character Comments: Well, what is there to say about characters when they are all killers? This was a reread, but it's been at least 5-6 years since the first time I read it, so I didn't remember much about it except for the fact that everyone ended up dead. The most annoying thing to me was that I couldn't remember who dunnit! Christie is considered to be one of the best mystery writers, and truly, she is. I couldn't guess who the perp was! Bravo, Agatha. Bravo.
Favorite Characters: I felt a kinship with Vera. Which is creepy, since she killed a little kid for her boy toy. 
Character Rating: 5/5
Plot line rating: 5/5
Plot Line Comments: What is this sorcery?! A murderer on an island? That they can't find? Creeptastic. I think Harper's Island (which everyone hated, but I loved) was inspired by it. The plot has SO many layers, and you try to pick beneath each one. And when you think you've got it... they're dead. And then you get to the end and you're just like... WTF? There's not really another way to describe how I felt. 
Likeliness to reread it? 4/5
Overall rating: 4.67/5
Books like this that I have reviewed: N/A

No comments:

Post a Comment