Saturday, August 28, 2010

Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles

Title: Rules of Attraction
Author: Simone Elkeles
Other Books in this series: Perfect Chemistry
Summary: Carlos Fuentes is moving back to America from Mexico to live with his brother, Alex, in Colorado. And he is NOT happy about it. Carlos almost immediately begins to get into trouble and Alex sends him to live with his college professor and his family.
Enter Kiara, Carlos' peer guide and the professor's daughter. She's obviously not your average girl and definitely not the type that would be attracted to Carlos. But she is.
But there's more to Carlos then anyone realizes, including Carlos. Will these unknown secrets tear them apart?
Review: After I read Perfect Chemistry, I knew that I had gotten no where near enough of the Fuentes boys. I was a little disappointed when I first got this book from the library because it wasn't about Brittany and Alex's relationship. But I loved the new characters and learning more about the younger Fuentes brother. And let's be honest, I was happy that they at least included some depth in Brittany and Alex's relationship. When I started the book, I wasn't expecting anything near that.
Cover Rating: 5/5
Comments on the Cover: I LOVE these covers. So very hot and secretly telling oh so much about the contents of the book...
Character Comments: I LOVE Kiara. And Carlos. When you warm up to him. But Kiara is one of my favorite girl characters in a while.
Favorite Character: Kiara! But I still love Alex
Character Rating: 4/5
Plot line rating: 4/5
Likeliness to reread it? Well, since I reread it... 3/5
Overall rating: 4/5
Books like this that I have reviewed: Perfect Chemistry

1 comment:

  1. Just found you via the Blog Hop. I'm enjoying my look around!

    I'm in the middle of re-reading HUNGER GAMES, then I'll move on to re-reading CATCHING FIRE, and finally, MOCKINGJAY. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete