Friday, August 27, 2010

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Title: The Hunger Games
Author: Suzanne Collins
Other Books in this series:
Summary: Every year, the Capitol hosts "The Hunger Games" to remind the citizens of Panem who's in charge.. It's like Survivor, but it's the real thing. There are twelve districts, and two "tributes" are chosen from each district. If you want to survive, you're going to have to make sure that twenty three people are killed in the process.
Meet Katniss Everdeen, young teenager. When her twelve year old sister, Prim's name is called at the reaping, Katniss volunteers to take Prim's place. Peeta is the other tribute.As they fight for their lives, Katniss and Peeta may also be starting a rebellion.
Review: I read this book a few years back. My cousin's always trying to get me to read sci-fi. He gives me the milder stuff, like Tamora Pierce and things like that. He also gave me this. I thought that it sounded like the weirdest book ever. But, I read it anyway. And as I read it, I found something out... I couldn't put it down. I read it, and fell in love. That next year, for my sixteenth birthday, said cousin got me the sequel, "Catching Fire". Once again, couldn't put it down. Fell in love. Etc, etc.
This summer, I realized something. Mockingjay was coming out and I hadn't read the books in forever! This had to be fixed. I went to Walmart and bought the Hunger Games. Fell even more in love. Reread Catching Fire. Again, more in love. And now? Well... I'm kinda really hoping someone's gonna get me Mockingjay for me.
Now.
Cover Rating: 3.5/5
Character Comments: I love the characters in this! Well, almost all of them. There are the ones who you're not supposed to like, so. Yeah.
Favorite Character: It's a tie between Katniss and Peeta. I can relate to Katniss, but Peeta is kinda my future romantic interest. So. Yeah...
Character Rating: 4.5/5
Plot line rating: 5/5
Likeliness to reread it? Well, since I reread it... 5/5
Overall rating: 3.5/5
Books like this that I have reviewed: N/A



No comments:

Post a Comment